Monday, January 22, 2007

J-Rock NL Con 2007

I was going to visit the Con all by myself [as I've done with some other events], but this time I did find someone who wanted to go with me [thank you, ii]. The place where it was held, was the same as with the Baal concert [one week before I started this blog]. It was actually SOLD OUT! Imagine all the people crawling about in front of the collection of Japanese stuff [CD's, DVD's, Magazines] and you have a good idea what a mess it was at the Merchandise stand :S

Anyway, there 3 bands playing at the con: Dokumi [or どくみ a Dutch band with Japanese musical influences], Hagakure [or ハガクレ] and Anti Feminism. The last two were both Japanese bands.

Dokumi has a nice sound and I think it's great that they actually sing in Japanese,but I felt the music was missing something... Maybe it's just me, so I'll just follow their progress and hope they get even better ;)

Next was Hagakure, and although I didn't know any of their music, they make that kind of music that makes you happy inside [I bought their 2nd mini album and it's nice and happy]

Anti Feminism was a bit punkish and since I don't really like Chaotic Punk, I guess this one was the band I liked least...

I had a nice time and I'll probably go again next :D

No comments: