Monday, November 26, 2007

Sonata Arctica

Finally a concert in Tilburg again :P
013 is actually next to a big parking space and although I was there 30 minutes before it began, the L shirts were already SOLD OUT!
Not that it's a big problem, cause I've worn XL shirts for a long time so I'm used to swim in my shirts a little bit [maybe I just need to work out more]

Anyway the bands that were playing were Ride the Sky, Epica and Sonata Arctica
I don't think it was sold out, but there were a lot of people [in groups of 2+ and me being alone as usual]

Ride the Sky made me think of the band Jorn, although Jorn sounds better. They didn't really get the crowd going, so Sonata walked across the stage a couple of times. I never saw something like that before, but it was nice :D

Epica was up next and I love Epica :D They always have really heavy listening songs and deep lyrics compared to the new After Forever [Epica was a band formed by the lead guitarist from After Forever, if you didn't know] I've seen them several times now and every show I've seen is great!

Finally I could see Sonata playing! I've bought the first album back in 1999 and this was actually the first time I've seen them live. They played about 3 or 4 songs from their new album Unia [which is a lot softer than their earlier releases] and fortunately a lot of their old stuff :P
There was a sort of intermission where the singer divided the crowd in 3 groups and assigned a drum component to each. He called it drumming in public and it was really fun to see.

Next concert will be uhm... Nightwish on March 21st 2008, but I also want to go to Apocolyptica [December 10 2007] and Helloween [January 7 2008] but I'm not sure about going yet [mainly because I have to go by myself again]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.